"Loggia" (the aristocrat's club) is
located at 25th August 1898 Street, which leaded to the port. It was
constructed in 1628 by Francisco Morosini. It was a public building where
the nobles and officials used to gather and while away their time
discussing financial, mercantile and political matters of local concern.
"Loggia" is decorated with uniquely sculpted coats of arms, trophies and
metopes. During the Turkish Occupation, it served as the Seat of the
utmost clerk in charge of the financial subjects, as well as of the
Secretary of Istambul. Today, "Loggia" houses the City Council and part of
the municipal services of Iraklio.